A charcuterie board can be the showstopper of any holiday party, and Eastside has everything you need to build the bountiful board of your dreams!
Step One: Select a large cutting board or flat serving piece with plenty of room to get creative. Set aside small prep bowls for condiments or nuts.
Step Two: Beginning with the largest items such as cheeses, place ingredients on the board. If the blank canvas is intimidating, create three focus areas and work on slowing adding more elements until the board begins to fill in.
Step Three: Add crackers, cured meats, fruit, nuts, and spreads around the cheeses – grouping items according to taste. Fruit tends to pair well with softer cheese, but follow your own palate; surprising flavor combinations are often the best.
Step Four: Garnish with sprigs of fresh herbs. Drizzle honey on the cheese of your choice. Take a photo of your masterpiece, and enjoy!
Looking for some inspiration? Check out our fall charcuterie spread!
On Our Board
1. North Fork Muenster: Washed rind, French Muenster style cheese from Minnesota's Redhead Creamery.
2. Milton Creamery Prairie Breeze: Crumbly yet creamy cheddar style cheese with hints of sweetness and crunchy crystals.
3. Jeffs' Select Gouda: Made in Wisconsin and aged in the Caves of Faribault. Nutty and pleasantly salty cheese with hints of caramel.
4. La Quercia Prosciutto: This sweet and earthy prosciutto is made in Norwalk, IA and pairs well with aged cheddar and sweet fruits like peaches or dried apricots.
5. Red Table Meat Co. Vecchio Salami: A classic Saucisson Sec style salami with black pepper, garlic, and white wine made in Northeast Minneapolis.
6. Olli Salumeria Salame Calabrese: This spicy Calabrese is seasoned with cayenne pepper and paprika, giving it a zesty kick.
7. Isadore Nut Company Zesty Lemon Rosemary: A delicious blend of walnuts, cashews and pecans with fresh lemon zest and rosemary, sesame seed and cumin. Finished with local maple syrup and fleur de sel.
8. Jeff’s Naturals Castelvetrano Olives: These memorable olives have a unique nutty, buttery flavor, mild brine and wonderful natural green color.
9. Rustic Bakery Multi-Grain Flat Bread: Crisp and hearty, but neutral enough to complement any cheese or spread. Lovely with soft cheeses, especially chevre.
10. Raincoast Crisps Cranberry Hazelnut: The combination of tart, plump cranberries and toasty hazelnuts makes this cracker perfect for the holidays and beyond. Delicious with sharp cheeses.
11. Divina Fig Spread: Crafted from Aegean figs, this classic Mediterranean spread is rich and complex with notes of honey and caramel.
12. The Beez Kneez Halligalli Dusseldorf Hot Mustard: This small-batch Minneapolis mustard combines German lager with serious heat for
13. Dried Turkish Apricots
14. Black Mission Figs
15. Local Mutsu Apples
16. Fresh Rosemary