Eastside Food Co-op's Vision:
Eastside Food Co-op is at the forefront of a prosperous and fair cooperative economy. We provide access to healthy food, foster positive environmental impacts, cultivate a thriving community in our neighborhood, and educate members for a sustainable future.
Becoming a member-owner:
To become a member-owner purchase one "A” share of voting stock for $100. If you wish to pay installments, you may do this at $10 a month for ten months. Your member-ownership lasts a lifetime! Your lifetime investment allows you to partner with Eastside Food Co-op and build relationships with local farmers, and vendors, and support your local economy. Your member-ownership strengthens the Northeast community and also supports Eastside Food Co-op’s community investment program which gives donations to local events that promote natural foods, good environmental practices, cooperative values, and the arts.
- Ownership of a thriving local Northeast business!
- Monthly 5% discount on a shopping trip of your choice
- Special discounts on pre-ordered products
- Special member-owner deals (look for signs on the shelves)
- Free classes and events at Eastside Food Co-op, and discounted classes at other Twin Cites Co-ops
- Member-owner deals at other Twin Cities Co-ops
- Participate in the election of the board of directors, and eligible to serve on the board of directors
- Serve on Board committees: Board Development and Owner Engagement
- Receive an annual patronage refund (when approved by the Board)
- Use of the Co-op Community Room for non-profit organization meetings or trainings when available
- Check cashing for up to $25 over the amount of a purchase (only on fully paid memberships)
- Discounts at participating businesses
- Investment opportunities in Eastside Food the Co-op (shares/loans)
*Member-owner benefits are subject to change
International Cooperative Principles
Eastside Food Co-op uses these seven principles as a guide for managing our cooperative business.
- Voluntary and Open Membership
- Democratic Member Control
- Member Economic Participation
- Autonomy and Independence
- Education, Training and Information
- Cooperation Among Cooperatives
- Concern for Community
Local NE Partnerships
Spend $10 at the Co-op and bring your receipt to Central Ave Liquors and save 10% oﬀ one item.
Show your Co-op membership card at Fair State Brewing and get half oﬀ your ﬁrst pint on Monday nights.
Ready to become a Member-Owner?
You can join our growing community of over 5000 Member-Owners at Customer Service or any register in the store.